Greetings from the Director
We are pleased to announce the grand opening of YAMADA DIABETES CLINIC, which is a clinic in Kamata, Tokyo that specializes in diabetes, and thyroid disease and metabolic disorders (hyperlipidemia, hypertension, hyperuricemia, obesity, etc)
Our clinic will open in February 2023, with easy to access from train and subway lines, and Tokyo International Airport; it is a 3-minute walk from JR Kamata Station East Exit and a 5-minute walk from Keikyu Kamata West Exit. We offer medical care services, diagnosis and treatment for diabetes, thyroid, dyslipidemia, hypertension, sleep apnea syndrome, and general internal medicine from a Diabetes specialist and training instructor certified by the Japan Diabetes Society and a general internal medicine specialist certified by the Japanese Society of Internal Medicine.
Blood glucose, HbA1c, cholesterol can be tested in 5 minutes on the same day with a fingertip blood sample. Thyroid hormones (TSH, FT3, FT4), white blood cells, and CRP can also be tested in about 40 minutes, and you can get these results and use them for quick treatment decisions.
We have also introduced a 24-hour WEB/LINE appointment system to improve patient services. You can check availability without entering your personal information. You can make an appointment in about 2 minutes. A first visit is available at any time, even if you do not have a referral letter from other hospitals or clinics. In order to reduce waiting times, we have prepared a web questionnaire in 7 languages, and we have a system that enables us to quickly respond to patients' conditions and get ready for them in advance (Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Spanish, Portuguese).
We are also open on Saturday afternoons. We see patients from 8:00am and during lunch time so you can visit our clinic before going to work or during your lunch break. In addition, cashless payments such as credit cards are already supported (air pay, air pay QR). Health checkups and various vaccinations are available. English is OK. There is a partial parking ticket service.
Our treatment strategy for treatment of diabetes
Diabetes is treated with oral medicines whenever possible, and treatment is performed so as to minimize the physical and economic burden, for example by minimizing insulin injections.
- Those who are already undergoing treatment for diabetes but whose conditions are not improving.
- Those who have been told to start insulin injections by a doctor but would like to receive it orally if possible.
- Those who are already on insulin treatment but want to change to oral agency by reducing the number of injections.
- Those who are visiting the hospital for thyroid or dyslipidemia and want to know the results of blood sampling immediately on the day.
- Those who have high blood sugar levels, HbA1c, cholesterol and triglycerides at health-checkups.
- Those who have high blood sugar levels, HbA1c, cholesterol and triglycerides at health-checkups, indicating swollen thyroid glands, high blood pressure.
- Those who are said to have metabolic syndrome and want to be examined and treated.
Please feel free to contact us via LINE (especially recommended. English is also OK), email, or phone. Treatment: internal medicine, diabetes (type 1, type 2, pregnancy), thyroid (Graves' disease, Hashimoto's disease, etc.), hyperlipidemia, hypertension, hyperuricemia, obesity, hay fever, sleep apnea syndrome, own expenses There is medical treatment (after-pill, AGA, ED, etc.) and free Wi-Fi in the hospital. We are looking forward to you visiting our clinic.
Tomohide Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of YAMADA DIABETES CLINIC
Greetings from the Director
- 2022- Registered researcher, Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Japan
- 2021- Registered researcher, Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
- 2019- Visiting Professor, University Institute for Population Health, Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine at King’s College London, UK
- 2018-19 Visiting professor, School of Computer Science at the University of Manchester, The National Centre for Text Mining (NaCTeM), UK
- 2016-2018 Assistant professor, Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo.
- 2015 Ph.D., Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases (Mentor Professor Takashi Kadowaki)
- 2005 M.D., Graduated from Jikei University School of Medicine (Tokyo)
Licensure and Certifications
- 2017 Board Certified Trainer of the Japan Diabetes Society.
- 2012 Fellow of the Japanese Society of Internal Medicine (FJSIM)
- 2012 Board Certified Diabetologist (by The Japan Diabetes Society)
- 2009 Board Certified Member of the Japanese Society of Internal Medicine
- 2005 National Board of Medicine
- Societies: The Japanese Society of Internal Medicine, The Japan Diabetes Society
- American Diabetes Association, European Association for the Study of Diabetes
Major Research Interests
- Systematic review
- Clinical Epidemiology (Diabetes, Obesity, Cardiovascular Diseases)
Honors and Awards
- The Best Poster Prize, The World Congress on Clinical Trials in Diabetes, 2017, 1 Berlin, Germany
- Oral Presentation Award, International Diabetes Federation Western Pacific Region Congress 2016.6
- Travel grant, The Steno Symposium 2013, Frontiers in Diabetes, Denmark, 2013.
- First runner-up, Front Runner of Future Diabetes Research, Japan, 2018.9
- GRANT AWARDS for UK-Japan collaboration, Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation,UK, 2019
- Research Grant Award, The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation.UK, 2018
Fellowships (as a Principal Investigator) (1GBP=130JPY) since 2015.
- JDS and EFSD Reciprocal Travel Research Fellowship Programme (2018- ) 5,000,000 JPY
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Overseas Research Fellowships (2019-2020) 12,500,000 JPY
|Clinic name||YAMADA DIABETES CLINIC|
|address||〒144-0052 5-24-4 Kamata, Ota Ward, Tokyo No.R Kamata 3F|
|doctor name||Tomohide Yamada|
- About 3 minutes on foot from JR Kamata Station East Exit.
- About 5 minutes on foot from Keikyu Kamata Station West Exit.
- Internal Medicine
- hay fever
- Medical checkup
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Hashimoto's disease
- Basedow's disease
- drip injection
- subcutaneous immunotherapy
- Various medical examinations, examinations, vaccinations
- allergy treatment
- sleep apnea syndrome
- general internal medicine (primary care)
- Blood sugar/HbA1c/cholesterol same day test.
- Thyroid hormone results explained in 1 hour on the day.
- Diabetes specialist certified by the Japan Diabetes Society, training instructor of the Japan Diabetes Society, general internal medicine specialist certified by the Japanese Society of Internal Medicine.
- 24 hours WEB/LINE reservation.
- Advance web interview is available in English, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Vietnamese, Spanish, Portuguese available in French.
- English correspondence.
- There is free wi-fi in the clinic.
- First visit emergency response at any time (reservation priority).
- Credit card, QR code, etc, Support cashless payment.